Ridgecrest is now a member of California Junior Scholarship Federation (CJSF) (Chapter 1358) an organization that recognizes scholarship and community service among middle school students. CJSF membership is available to all 7th and 8th grade students that meet the criteria outlined in the attachment provided.
To qualify for membership for the first trimester of 2019-20:
- 7th and 8th graders, print out your transcript from the AERIES portal.
- Your grades must meet the qualifying criteria outlined in the sheet provided.
- If you qualify, attach transcript to the sheet provided and turn it in to Mrs. Hockensmith.
- If you do not meet the criteria in the first trimester, you can still try to qualify for the 2nd and 3rd trimester.
8th graders, you may be eligible for CJSF Honors membership if you qualify for both 7th and 8th grade.
To qualify for CJSF Honors Membership:
- Print out your transcript showing the two qualifying trimesters from your 7th grade year and attach it to the sheet provided here and turn it in to Mrs. Hockensmith.
- If you meet the criteria for 4 trimesters of 7th and 8th grade, you will qualify for Honors membership and will receive an Honors pin.
- If you do not meet the criteria for 7th grade, you are still eligible to be a CJSF member in 8th grade if you meet the criteria.
CJSF will be a club through Ridgecrest Boosters starting in the 2nd trimester. The club will focus on scholarship and community service. Stay tuned for more details.